The mission of the center is steeped in educational philosophy and pedagogy that also incorporates technology and practical instruction. It is dedicated to assist educators in their professional development, provide teachers and students with new educational methodologies, techniques and technologies, and serve as a research hub for educators, teachers & students. Even the best of the best teachers will have opportunities to talk about teaching, learning, and become even better. Strive for improvement in teaching for all educators and instructors is the CTLR’s aspirations.
• Assist K-12 teachers in their development as expert teachers;
• Facilitate and support a ‘community of practice’ in which teachers interact, learn and support each other;
• Provide teachers and students with new educational methodologies, techniques and technologies;
• Collaborate with other universities and private/public sector educational institutions in research and innovative educational initiatives;
• Serve as a research hub for educators, teachers & students; and
• Raise educational awareness in the community
Anticipated Center’s Impact
We anticipate the following lasting impact:
• Create a vibrant and self-perpetuating learning community in which educators can collaborate and exchange information;
• Become a leader in educational research and training in the GCC, and
• Participate as an active stakeholder in efforts to reform education in the State of Kuwait.